1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parent consultation meetings

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by MissS89, Mar 13, 2011.

1. I am trying to prepare for parent meetings in a few weeks time - what would be the main areas you would discuss with parents ?

Thanks

2. I am trying to prepare for parent meetings in a few weeks time - what would be the main areas you would discuss with parents ?

Thanks

3. I always ask if they have any questions to begin with, or if they want me to talk about general progress and attitude. They usually ask me to talk first and I'll talk about PSHE, Eng and maths in detail and then the other areas, explaining how the profile works also. If this is the last parent meeting of the year, I'd also talk about how things will develop next year....possibly more structure (if your school's anything like mine), National Curriculum etc

4. I agree with the other reply and always ask parents if they have anything they want to say first! I also explain the Foundation Profile with them and talk about how it's scored and where their child currently is.Parents like to know if their child is on track in relation to age. We have just done a big consultaion with our parents to find out what they want from reports and parent's evenings. They all want some specific measurement of where their child is. Not always easy in Early Years but they need to know if a child is not progressing well enough.