1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paranoid

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by robmusicman, Feb 19, 2011.

1. robmusicman

robmusicman New commenter

Hi, I applied for a job last week, then I found a missed call on my phone from the school yesterday.
    I know from talking to one of my referees that they've asked for a reference. Now I'm paranoid that they were ringing to ask me to come to an interview, but because I missed the school and it's half term next week, they won't ring me back.

Any advice/experience with this?

2. robmusicman

Hi, I applied for a job last week, then I found a missed call on my phone from the school yesterday.
    I know from talking to one of my referees that they've asked for a reference. Now I'm paranoid that they were ringing to ask me to come to an interview, but because I missed the school and it's half term next week, they won't ring me back.

Any advice/experience with this?

3. Even if they are on half term, often there are staff working on some days so get in touch with them and ask.

4. Hi
    Many office staff, senior atsaff and teachers will be around in schools for some of the half term, so do try and contact them. In addition, e-mail the office of the school (most have an offic@ or admin@ tyope e-mail address and you may also find an e-mail for the head or head's PA online.
    James

5. robmusicman

Thanks for the advice!