1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paperwork Issues

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rsc12, Jan 12, 2020.

1. rsc12

rsc12 New commenter

Hi everyone
    I'm currently completing my PGCE and I absolutely love the teaching side of it, I'm now doing a lot of hours and love working with my classes and seeing the moment when pupils 'get it', but I'm really struggling with the paperwork side, particularly reflections. Does anyone have any advice on how to get on top of everything without working 24/7? I have a young son so at the moment I'm getting to school at 7.15ish and leaving around 4.30, working after he goes to bed and one day at the weekend and I feel like I'm floundering!

Any advice would be gratefully received!

2. 43Meadows

43Meadows New commenter

I’d say that’s about right. I get to school at 8am, leave at 5.30 (I do my evaluations , m and a, record evidence etc at school) then go home and do about an hour later on if needed. I have the weekends mostly to myself but do planning etc on a Sunday morning.
    When it’s essay time I do a lot more hours.