1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PAPER 2 French Alevel grade boundaries

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by cathy26_2001, Nov 12, 2017.

1. cathy26_2001

cathy26_2001 New commenter

Hi there

my Y13 are doing their term assessments tomorrow and will complete Paper 2. I will be marking it but my HOD hasn't given any indication of grade boundaries ( our school has the weirdest system which is like an internal scale of 1-9) so after looking on AQA, it seems all I can find is boundaries for anything but paper 2. I would like to be able to tell the students " your essay was so many points = such grade".
    it's my first year of teaching ALEVEL so any help would be appreciated :)

Cathy

2. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

There are no grade boundaries. When the actual exam has been done, the grades will be allocated depending on what % of students get what mark.
    You can do 3 things.
    1. Get together with other schools to see how your marks compare and try to draw up some kind of grade boundaries.
    2. Focus on the marking criteria and make sure you give very clear feedback based on that.
    3. Give them an old A Level paper to do (I know it's different skills and content) to get a general idea of what level they would have got on the old specification.

3. cathy26_2001

cathy26_2001 New commenter

yes I have been focusing on using the AO but even with boundaries from last year for Paper 2 it would help me narrow it down a bit. I have told them we won't get boundaries until next summer ( I should have mentioned that in my thread) but wondering if someone has grade references.
    I have planned some Paper 1 assessment this term as well as the one from their mock so I get data.
    as I am not getting any support from my HOD when it comes to Alevel I am looking for any solution to my questions ;)