1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paper 1 Section B2 WJEC

Discussion in 'English' started by vshell, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Hi all

My Yr11 are really struggling to complete this task in the time allowed and at C+.

I have done loads of work - but it seems to go in one ear and out of the other!!

Their spellings/paragraphs and punctuation are great as is their use of figurative language they come unstuck on the time and keeping their writing interesting!!
    I have done A CARP PIE exercises which have really helped.

I actually start a new school after Easter and would like to leave knowing that I have done my best for them.

Has anyone any topnotch ideas on how to get them to complete Section B2?

Any help gratefully recieved

Thanx in advance

vshell

2. Hi all

My Yr11 are really struggling to complete this task in the time allowed and at C+.

I have done loads of work - but it seems to go in one ear and out of the other!!

Their spellings/paragraphs and punctuation are great as is their use of figurative language they come unstuck on the time and keeping their writing interesting!!
    I have done A CARP PIE exercises which have really helped.

I actually start a new school after Easter and would like to leave knowing that I have done my best for them.

Has anyone any topnotch ideas on how to get them to complete Section B2?

Any help gratefully recieved

Thanx in advance

vshell

3. I give them a standard plan to follow that is basically six sections for the story (6-8 paragraphs roughly) and get them to plan several stories using this. They then practice writing them in the time allowed - if you post your addie I can send you a worksheet when I am back at school next week.

4. Many thanks guys xx

Millamant my addie is vshell18@yahoo.com

Really appreciate your help

V

5. Hopefully you have mail!

Regards

M

6. Done, I think...

7. weezadance1

weezadance1 New commenter

Is there any chance I, too, could have a copy? I need all the help I can get for my groups!
    Very many thanks
    louisachaplin@yahoo.co.uk

8. You should have mail!

9. CanI be cheeky and scrounge a copy too? Thanks.

nesswaters@yahoo.co.uk

10. Hi Millament,
    This sounds like a really good idea.
    Would you mind sending me a copy too please? (sorry to jump on the band wagon)
    Many thanks in advance,
    Helen.
    helen_j_rogers@hotmail.com

11. Hi Millament,
    We've just moved over to WJEC and I need all the help I can get. Could I possibly bother you for a copy of your worksheet?
    Many thanks
    Cathy
    c_robinson2504@yahoo.co.uk

12. Hi, I have been trawling the net trying to find helpful resources for wjec paper 1 b2 and found your posting. I am an NQT am struggling for ideas to revise this section with my Year 11s and, at the risk of being cheeky and presumptious, I would be really grateful if you could send your worksheet on to me if you still have it.
    Best regards