1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pantomime ugly sisters!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by EcoLady, Apr 29, 2011.

1. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

My husband asked "Who's the one wearing antlers?"

2. Beatrice looks like some carnival-esque representation of the star sign Taurus. Eugenie looks like an early Edwardian lady of the night.

3. Or a musical theatre version of Nancy from Oliver Twist.

4. Well, poor gals, RTL on German TV has just announced...
    "The Princessesses Eugenie and Beatrice, arriving with their father, Prince Edward..."

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

True. She was wearing a beautiful Vivienne Westwood dress.

I read that she and her sister were in 'Valentino Couture' today, with Philip Treacey hats. Rich matron frocks and plain daft hats. The one worn by Beatrice looked like something out of a 1950s science fiction B movie. Maybe it was receiving signals from the mother ship.

6. Poor Edward, his actual daughter was somewhat better dressed :p

7. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

The facebook page is very funny.

8. Honestly, RTL is so dire.
    "The future King and Queen of England. Let us explain the English system - Scotland and Eire are part of England..."
    I could scream, I could, you know.

9. Philip Treacy has produced some nice hats ... Kate has worn some of them

Then he seems to make daft hats too ... there were a number of examples today

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

Here's the nice dress:[​IMG]

11. That's a matter of opinion I'd say.
    Beatrice has unfortunate bulging wide-open eyes. She always looks as though someone has shoved something sharp up her backside.
    Those girls looked truly GHASTLY today.
    Hopefully they'll see the pictures and sack their fashion advisors and designers. The blue dress was completely hideous, stretched over a large bust...the blue hat a mess, the beige coat looked like something Blue Peter presenters had added embellishment to...and as for that stupid hat - we honestly thought she was wearing joke antlers at first.Incredibly awful. They did look like Panto characters.
    What a shambles.....

12. I'd say that is a matter of opinion. Both have inherited rather unfortunate traits from their parents. Beatrice has bulging eyes with far too much white surrounding the pupil. She always looks as if someone has suprised her by sticking something sharp up her backside. Perpetually startled. Eugenie has a large matronly bust and is rather jowly.I am sure they are nice girls but they haven't been particularly blessed in the looks department in my opinion.
    They DID look like Panto characters today. Both overdid the eye make-up - to terrible effect. They must sack their fashion advisors and designers. That blue dress was truly vile and acentuated the matronly bust and stocky legs with it's strange hemline. The blue hat was a mess. The horrid beige coat looked like something Blue Peter presenters had embellished enthusiastically and as for that hat - I was speechless. Did she wear it for a joke????
    We honestly thought she was wearing antlers at first. [​IMG]
    They have no idea how to dress.
    Best dressed females today? Zara Phillips, Princess Michael and Sophie Winkleman. All looked beautifully stylish and elegant. I thought Camilla looked good too. Princess Anne got it all wrong and the Queen's yellow was just too canary-ish.

13. Sorry for two posts....I thought I'd lost the first when I got the TES error message on pressing 'send'. I was cursing......so wrote a second.

14. Eugenie looks just like Queen Victoria (except smilier)

15. How old are they? Early 20's?

16. Yep, 22 and 21

17. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Old enough to have acquired a clue

18. T P-T is 39 ... did you see her hat

Princes Anne is 60 ... did you see her dress

19. Young enough to be slim and gorgeous but old enough to take advice . They should have looked smart, respectable and faded into the background.

20. inky

inky Lead commenter

Really? Were you at ease with yourself, sartorially speaking, at that age?