1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Panorama tonight - care home near Bristol

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lefitabitlate, May 31, 2011.

1. Is anyone else watching this? Part of me wishes I hadn't! I am so angry at the way these 'care' workers behave!

2. Is anyone else watching this? Part of me wishes I hadn't! I am so angry at the way these 'care' workers behave!

3. It's awful. I feel really disturbed by it and so powerless. I can't believe that it is the only place with this sort of thing going on

4. I know, I'm sure it must be going on all around the country. It's awful the way they behaved.

A part of me fears that this kind of thing is part of (some) humans natural behaviour and unfortunately if they are allowed to get away with it whilst others stand by and watch/ copy then they will keep doing it. Maybe it's a power thing?

5. zannar

zannar New commenter

There is also a thread about this on opinion.
    It is appalling and saddening. I hope those higher up the chain feel some guilt and start investigating all care homes asap.

6. It was very shocking and upsetting. Absolutely disgraceful.

7. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

Having worked in the care sector before, watching this made me feel sick. The 'support workers' were little more than sadistic bullies who got heir kicks from tormenting vulnerable people...appalling.