1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Panicking

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by samajne32, Apr 19, 2012.

1. I am due to start my 1st teaching practice in a week, I have been made very welcome at school and my serial days have gone really well. The kids in my class are very well behaved and quite bright. So why am I panicking????? I just worry that I will forget what to say and make a fool of myself while being observed.
    Do others feel like this or do i need to pull myself together and just get on with it??

2. I am due to start my 1st teaching practice in a week, I have been made very welcome at school and my serial days have gone really well. The kids in my class are very well behaved and quite bright. So why am I panicking????? I just worry that I will forget what to say and make a fool of myself while being observed.
    Do others feel like this or do i need to pull myself together and just get on with it??

3. MizUnderstood

MizUnderstood New commenter

I think we all feel like that before the first practice! It's perfectly normal, and it's not as bad as you think! It will go really quickly and you'll look back and think "What was I worried about!?" Good luck! Are you doing a PGCE or a BEd?

4. 2 year BEd top up with QTS