1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pampered-free-school-guru posts "a string of sexist and obscene/sordid tweets"

Discussion in 'Education news' started by BigFrankEM, Jan 6, 2018.

1. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Occasional commenter

Or so at least asserts the Mail on Sunday on its front page this morning. [Sister paper, let it be noted in passing, to what was then Herr Hitler's favourite Fleet Street title.]

Can this really be the same upstanding tribune of the plebs who did so much good in years gone by in breaking the stranglehold of the education establishment, I ask myself?

And received so much government money in the process?

Some mistake surely ?

2. BigFrankEM

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

He's not fit to be involved in education in any way whatsoever, never mind the university regulator position.

An absolute ****

TCSC47, catbefriender and FrankWolley like this.
  4. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Lead commenter

A disgusting individual, not fit for public office.

5. BigFrankEM

Seems like Theresa too thinks he's indispensable.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...oungs-comments-but-backs-him-keeping-ofs-post

I knew she was pretty much beyond redemption when she had to cosy up to Arlene and pay her a queen's ransom to secure votes which were in fact free for the taking, but having to grovel for her job to people of Toby's category seems like a nadir, even for a Tory PM.

Not so much: Come back Maggie, all is forgiven !
    More like: Come back Edwina, all is forgiven ?

TCSC47 likes this.
  6. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

7. katykook

katykook Occasional commenter

If a teacher had made those tweets they would have been sacked on the spot.

TCSC47 likes this.
  8. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

Good news Toby has resigned.

blazer and TCSC47 like this.
  9. TCSC47

TCSC47 Lead commenter

Quite so and so they should have. It amazes me the different set of rules in action. But at least he has gone now.

Incidentally, I don't view Young's stepping down as showing any sort of principles or anything. Rather, I think he will have just thought it wasn't worth the candle.

Just musing now, but I remember the 70's when the right wing activists like the BNP and such, were basically just a bunch of thickos. It is distressing to find towards the end of my life that their bigotry has now been taken up by literate educated people.

katykook likes this.
  10. BigFrankEM

And also, don't forget, by the likes of Toby Young as well ?

phlogiston and TCSC47 like this.
  11. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Meanwhile, still nothing heard from Jarad O'Mara...

12. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

13. TCSC47

TCSC47 Lead commenter

14. BigFrankEM

Thanks for the "translation", TCSC47.

And a2 for the quote.

A very apt quote, I reckon. (I am reminded of another which I saw in passing some days ago now. I'll try to fish it out to complement the above....later.)

The "translation" explains so much about the management of:

• English state schools
    • English schools
    • English education
    • English politics
    • British politics
    • European politics
    • Politics

15. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

The loud condemnation of those making death threats to Esther McVey is deafening in its silence.

Why hasn't John McDonnell been sacked for his "lynch the *****" comment from 2016? Instead he has been affirmed in his role of shadow chancellor.

Hypocrisy and collusion all the way.

16. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Oh dear.

Seems he's even dodgier than everyone thought.

The real reason he went: Attending secret conferences
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    DTNMOiDW0AAxXYM.jpg

"I was just having a look"...

17. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

The investigation into Keith Vaz has gone quiet, hasn't it?

That's Jared O'Mara, John McDonnell and Keith Vaz...where's the virtue signalling about them?

And what about Kelvin Hopkins? He was suspended in November and nothings been heard about it since.

Unlike Toby Young, these four are all elected Labour MPs. Where's the leadership taking a moral stance on these four creeps?

18. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I've always thought it was a pretty poor argument to say 'but x isn't as bad a s y' if x was really, really bad. You know the old 'Hitler wasn't Stalin' justification...o_O

frangipani123 likes this.
  19. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

I don't think that's the point here. It is, Why are the people @GLsghost has named not being dealt with in the same way? Is it because they are not Wicked Tories?

GLsghost likes this.
  20. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Exactly. Where's the outraged Twitter campaign about them? There is nothing but silence from the labour camp. Emily thornberry refused to comment yesterday when asked about John McDonnell's "lynch the *****" comment about Esther Mcvey.