1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Painting to do with the Romans

Discussion in 'Primary' started by FenellaF, Jan 28, 2012.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Hi, I am looking for a painting activity linked to the Romans that shows painting skills. We are going to make and design shields, but this doesn't really show any painting skill. Has anyone successfully, (or semi successfully!) done any painting artwork connected with the Romans that clearly shows progression in a particular skill?

Thanks
    x

2. I guess it depends on the age group you are working with. For lower KS2 they would still be needing to develop brush control for example, so being able to neatly paint in a design without going over drawn lines would be a skill. I still have some Y3's who 'scrub' with their brush when painting, rather than doing brush 'strokes.' Developing from this, some chn could be developing and progressing with their use of colour on their roman shields, showing understanding of colour mixing and the colours on the colour wheel.

3. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Thank you, I'd not thought of that x