1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paid to wrong scale

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by moonberry, May 8, 2011.

1. I have just been paid for my first few days of supply and seem to have been paid at an M1 rate (I passed through threshold last year). I can't decide whether to make a big deal about this or not. I'd rather have the work at a M1 rate than not get called at all because I'm too expensive. On the other hand the difference is over £60 a day.What would you do?
    I'm in Northern Ireland and the schools that have paid me are voluntary grammars if that makes a difference.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Are you employed by an agency or via the LA/direct through the school? If the latter, did you notify the LA/school about your pay point?

3. Thanks for responding jubilee. There are no agencies in Northern Ireland. All supply teachers have to join a register which the schools use to provide their supply. The register has all your information on it including what payscale point you are on. For most schools you are then paid through the register. Grammar schools seem to pay directly though.
    I haven't yet been paid through the register so it will be interesting to see whether I'm paid for that work on the correct payscale.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I'd contact HR/Salaries with the LA running the register and ask them what the pay position is with Grammar schools. That way you'll know that your information is correct if you are being underpaid and need to approach the school.