1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PAID ON TIME?

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by kindofaverage, Jan 4, 2012.

1. hi all -can I ask did the TP pay out on time ? I am thinking of leaving 31 august this year. I believe I can apply 4 months before this to set the wheels in motion. was the lump sum and pension recieved on time by yourselves. thanks

2. hi all -can I ask did the TP pay out on time ? I am thinking of leaving 31 august this year. I believe I can apply 4 months before this to set the wheels in motion. was the lump sum and pension recieved on time by yourselves. thanks

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Spot on - what a good day that was !

4. Yes, i was paid on the day I asked for. Brilliant.

5. Snap - I'm planning on finishing then as well. I have already told my Head, but wonder when I should hand in notice to allow time for them to replace me.

6. My lump sum was in my bank account on 31 Aug I was amazed! My first pension payment came on Sept 14th for first 2 weeks and full amount Oct 14th. They pay you on day before your birthday.

7. Same experience as other replies..lump sum and pension arrived on the dates expected. All contact with TP team on the phone was very positive. Good luck!

8. thank you everyone but do you have to tell your head or have permission from your head to retire early? just curious - thanks

9. no permission needed far as I know it is up to you I took ARB 5 months early. I told the head verbally 4 terms in advance so succession could be planned (there was a vacancy at time and it affected who was appointed) then resigned on Jan 1st 2011

10. Yes !
    Your employer must give their consent for an application for early retirement. But they cannot withhold constent for more than 6 months from the date you request permission from them.

11. I wonder if anyone has actually had their request for early retirement rejected? In my case, the Head could hardly wait for me to leave his office before he started to look for a replacement.

12. LOL Peter my head told me I was the best example of natural wastage he could hope for and my salary would pay the schools NI increase this year. I was not externally replaced either an internal shuffle was made with a second year teacher!

13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

That made me laugh.
    Their time will come.
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    (Hmm - I'm still bitter I notice - no grudge like an old grudge I say)