1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

paid leave for interviews

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hackneyteach, Feb 10, 2011.

1. hackneyteach

hackneyteach New commenter

Hi
    Can supply teachers get paid time off for attending interviews?
    Thank you.

2. No.
    We don't get paid time off if we're ill, pregnant, or have a job interview. We work, we get paid. End of story.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It's a bugger isn't it?

4. I think if your supply was a temporary contract, especially through the LEA, there's a chance some Heads might be sympathetic to a request. It might be a matter of Head's discretion.

5. I long termed a long time ago as a supply. I had a problem with my parent (deceased two years later) Nice school nice head. The school paid a day for me to sort a few things out.
    It would not happen nowadays. It would be unlikely that I even talk to a head in a big secondary school these days.
    If the same scenario come up these days I would be very worried even to ask for a day unpaid. In case some hot shot deperate for work supply colleague stepped in for some cover.
    Tough game

6. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Not very likely as the school would have to pay another supply for the day and are possibly also paying an absent teacher's wage.

7. hackneyteach

hackneyteach New commenter

Thank you.