1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paid before christmas?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by coppull, Dec 19, 2011.

1. coppull

coppull New commenter

Please check when you were paid last month.[​IMG]If you were paid on the 23rd,then you will be paid on the 23rd this month.If your pay day falls on a weekend,then you will be paid on a Friday.

2. Not always the case.
    We are usually paid on the last working day of the month. However, we always get paid early in December. This year it is 23rd.
    It depends on the employer.

3. Ditto the 'it varies depending on the individual LA' - I've worked for about 5 different LAs, 1 paid early before Christmas, 1 paid before Christmas anyway (half pay in advance, half in arrears type thing) and the others have not moved pay from the end of the month (ie after Christmas day).
    Give payroll a ring, they should still be in this week.

4. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

I normally get paid on the last day of the month, but this dec i got paid last friday! So very earl.

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I won't be paid a single penny, before or after Christmas as I was given no supply teaching work in November (so no December pay). There was no work in December , so there'll be no January pay
    either. My last pay was at the end of November and was under £200, consisting of pay for work on the 5th October and a small tax refund.
    I've finally decided to trigger my pension early (reduced by 10%) in order to have some income.

6. I've worked in 4 different local authorities and always been paid early for xmas - although it won't be the case everywhere, it is more than likely. In fact, I got paid today! Your pay roll department should have sent out your pay slips if you were getting paid early. Whether it's actually a good thing, i.e. having to go 6 weeks through to the end of Jan is another thing entirely...