1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paediatric teaching, a possibility?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by karenweiss, Jan 26, 2016.

1. karenweiss

karenweiss New commenter

I recently came across an article about paediatric teaching, but it was an American site. I have been looking for any similar opportunities here in the North West but I am a bit stumped! Does this exist and if so, how would I proceed with an application? I am an experienced Head of HIstory and I really want to take my teaching abilities outside the classroom but still within a teaching role. Can you help ? I have also considered working with young offenders, but I don't know where to begin. I would be really grateful for some pointers.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, how interesting!

I have not the faintest idea what paediatric teaching is, and My Friend Google didn't help out much either! In fact, what I have seen suggests that the teaching is done by paediatricians, i.e. by Doctors.

But since I have no idea, I could well be wrong there.

;)

If such jobs exist, then I assume that they will be advertised. If they are teaching jobs for teachers, not for Drs, then they will possibly be advertised in the TES.

So read these:

Get the TES Jobs App

How to set up a Job Alert

But as I said at first, I do not know about this, so am just guessing here. Sorry!

Best wishes

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Unless it;s the same as teaching children who are in hospital, I can't imagine what it is. If it's the former, you have to look for the rare jobs to appear and apply.