1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paddling Pools?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by zebedees, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Can anyone help - locked in a bit of disagreement with my health and safety officer. Can I provide a paddling pool for my youngsters (I work in a day nursery) to enjoy in the summer? I have suggested that we would implement in a 'paddling pool policy', that we would need to carry out extensive risk assessments for the different ages, that obviously it would be monitored at all times when children were using it and that we could send out permission slips to the parents/carers so that they could give us their 'go ahead' if you will. Can't find any information online or in any literature - does anyone provide one for their children?
    I remember having a paddling pool when I was in Play Group and I loved it!

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

In school not a day nursery but with children aged 3-7 we often have pool parties in the summer. Children bring swimming costumes and towels and we have 5 or 6 large pools. We've even had them indoors