1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Packerguy's Place

Discussion in 'Personal' started by deleted299, Jan 1, 2006.

1. No theme, no gimmicks, just somewhere to relax in if it all gets too hectic, squalid, tense or argumentative in other venues.

2. No theme, no gimmicks, just somewhere to relax in if it all gets too hectic, squalid, tense or argumentative in other venues.

3. Packerguy it'll not stay like that for long! ;)

4. *flops down on a bean bag*

5. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

sounds so good i've added it to my hotlist already!

:) xx

6. welcome one and all

All topics are open for discussion and friendly debate

To keep things orderly, I will act as moderator, advisor, counsellor, best friend, referee, umpire, and oracle of all knowledge.

When I decide a problem has been resolved, it stays resolved and anyone who tries to restart the debate will be sternly admonished

7. Sternly admonised - that sounds like fun! ;)

8. Oh, and evryone who posts in here is, by definition, deeply lovely

9. Phoenixchild

i have a question, i may be dense but is a guitar really called an "axe?" and if so why? and if not i really am dense for believing it!

this is really bugging me, but since all topics are up for discussion????? xx

10. Guitars (especially electric guitars) are indeed called axes - I have no idea why, maybe the shape, possibly because parents want to chop off the heads of their spotty pubescent offspring as they make the most god-awful din whilst practising

11. Phoenixchild

oh dear.....not a good start! think i'd better shut up!

heads for bean-bags resolving to not ask so many pointless questions. xx

12. Why did Mr JT take the back off the television this morning and hoover it?

13. Phoenixchild

cross over, thankyou. xx

14. no, no PC - there are no pointless questions, the quest for knowledge has no judgemental qualities

Imagine all that we know as being an island surrounded by a sea of what we do not know. As we learn more, the island gets larger, but this means that the shoreline where we encounter what we do not know simply gets ever longer.

I am the snack bar on the beach of knowledge - can I hire you a towel?

15. Phoenixchild

LOL i bow at the feet of the fount of knowledge. xx

16. Phoenixchild

or even the snack bar! :) x

17. *flops in a big, feather cushion*

Hey PG like the hippy decor, especially the long floaty drape things that go across the ceiling. Its a bit like a bedouin tent! Ooo light the vanilla joss sticks, stick some of that relaxing music on and give us a massage will you?

I've got HUGE blisters on my feet from VERY silly boots after walking home last night - can you get a bit of reflexology as well?

18. of course - anything to help people become relaxed and more centered.

why do we persist in having toes? I realise that the big toe is used as a jumping-off point in leaps, skips, hops and happy frolics, but why the others?

19. Do you provide aspirin as well as answers?

I feel very very ill and can't face lunch.

20. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

"Oh, and evryone who posts in here is, by definition, deeply lovely"

comes in just to ****** up that statement :D