1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Package - Singapore ‘united’ school

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Bythesea123, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Bythesea123

Bythesea123 New commenter

New to this forum and hope I’ve not broken rules with the title.
    I have lived and worked as a relief teacher in Singapore before (as a dependent) and now me and my family would like to return to here or elsewhere in se Asia.
    I applied to this school for a post and was recently asked to do a 1 way video interview so I guess I am a little way through the interview process.

Does anyone have any idea how the package is here? Would it be likely to include school places? What sort of accommodation allowance is given out these days?

Have also applied to the school that has a sister in KL but not yet heard. Any knowledge of their package?

Thank you

2. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

The 'united' package is good. It includes school places for 2 dependents (with one teacher parent, may be more if both parents work at school, not sure), but I think only from Grade 1. The overall package is good.
    The other school has a reasonable package also but not as lucrative as the united school. I'll start a conversation with you - I live in Singapore with a family as the sole breadwinner.

3. Bythesea123

Bythesea123 New commenter

Hi migratingbird thanks so much. I actually have only 2 children so that would be okay. One would be grade 1 the other K1 - I wouldn’t be too worried about this though as when we lived there a few years ago my daughter went to local kindergarten and loved it so I’d be happy for him to do that a couple of years first !

Would really appreciate a conversation- how do I do that is there a PM feature?

4. missmissmiss

missmissmiss New commenter

Hi Migratingbird, if you don’t mind another conversation/pm I’d love to ask you about Singapore too?

5. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

I've sent you a conversation, if you hover over your avatar (top right of screen) you should see the conversation tab.

6. Teecherz

Teecherz New commenter

Hi Migratingbird
    I’m new here and looking at the ‘port closest to Calais’ school - if you know the one I mean I’d welcome your comments especially on salary as the chain is not renowned for paying too much.....
    TIA
    Teecherz