1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

P7 class production help?!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by robqosfc, May 4, 2011.

1. Hi all, I am a primary 7 teacher and we have been asked to present a show at the end of term. I am not particulary musical nor artistic so I am asking for help as to where I may find class shows online or if anybody has any help / advice they can pass on? Cheers!

2. Hi all, I am a primary 7 teacher and we have been asked to present a show at the end of term. I am not particulary musical nor artistic so I am asking for help as to where I may find class shows online or if anybody has any help / advice they can pass on? Cheers!

3. If you want a knockabout comedy, try "Old King Cole" by Ken Campbell. This is a full-length production. "Gone With the Wiz" was a short musical for younger actors/singers (no soloists), which we put on a number of years ago, but I can't find it anywhere. If it's just a short class production you're after, try "Way Out West", "Albert Laddin", "Forty Winks Beauty" or "Fiesta Fandango" by Richard Tydeman. These date from the fifties, have about 12 speaking parts (very easy) and a Compere - whose part can be divided amongst several actors. He's written plenty more, but these are the ones I've had a lot of success with (some of the others are a bit dated). They're available from Samuel French. Hope this helps!

4. angelinascullina

angelinascullina New commenter

www.luckybucket.co.uk have THE BALLAD OF MARION ELY (a western) and AHARR! CURSE OF DANGER ISLAND (pirate themed comedy). Just two out of the catalogue that could be appropriate. The director's packs come with scripts, scores and CDs with demo versions and backing tracks so you don't have to be musical to teach it! The work is done for you. Have a look and good luck.