1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

P45?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by MathsMum5, Aug 27, 2011.

1. MathsMum5

MathsMum5 New commenter

Hello
    I've just completed a 1yr temp contract and have another 1yr contract at a different school from Sept. Both schools are in the same LA so I was puzzled when I received a P45 in the post this morning. Of course the council offices are shut for the bank holiday so unable to check with them but should I have received a P45?
    Many thanks

2. It's probably all OK. Even if the LA runs payroll for both schools (some schools run their own - certainly in my area - so I've always needed a P45 between jobs) it probably has to go via each school's finance department/bursar - they might need to add information that the LA would not otherwise know (school specific TLR payments, extra jump up the payscale? etc), and will be processing all the out of area people anyway, so might as well do them all at the same time.
    It also means that you have a copy of the end of employment situation for tax and pension, in case of queries later.
    Hope this reassures.
    If you are concerned, try popping into the new school sometime next week - hopefully there will be some admin/finance staff around even if there are no teaching staff in.
    Liz

3. MathsMum5

MathsMum5 New commenter

Thanks lizziec for the reassurance. I think I will pop into school early next week just to check, would hate for there to be any problem with my pay in sept - too many bills to pay!

Many thanks

4. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

Take/send the new employer section of the P45 to your new school a.s.a.p so that it can be in the system ready for correct September pay. There will be office staff in school.