1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

P3 Food Topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chlojo18, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am on placement in two weeks time, as a first year student I feel a bit out of my depth, but really looking forward to it. I have a P3 class (Northern Ireland) I think that this would be Year 2 in England? I was just wondering if anyone had any good resources for lessons based around the topic of food/healthy eating/cooking. I am thinking of doing a little cooking and encouraging the children to join in, weigh ingredients etc etc. I am really just looking for some original and fun lessons that the children would enjoy!

Also, can anyone recommend any books that would be good for this topic? Have had a look on amazon but there is not many with reviews, I was interested in Sam's Science 'Where does our food go' but I read one review that mentioned it is quite crude and deals with poo/farts etc.. so I am thinking perhaps not the best!!

Thanks.

2. Hi,
    I am on placement in two weeks time, as a first year student I feel a bit out of my depth, but really looking forward to it. I have a P3 class (Northern Ireland) I think that this would be Year 2 in England? I was just wondering if anyone had any good resources for lessons based around the topic of food/healthy eating/cooking. I am thinking of doing a little cooking and encouraging the children to join in, weigh ingredients etc etc. I am really just looking for some original and fun lessons that the children would enjoy!

Also, can anyone recommend any books that would be good for this topic? Have had a look on amazon but there is not many with reviews, I was interested in Sam's Science 'Where does our food go' but I read one review that mentioned it is quite crude and deals with poo/farts etc.. so I am thinking perhaps not the best!!

Thanks.