1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

P/T Oxford MSc Learning and Teaching

Discussion in 'Primary' started by franob, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have post this on the professional development section but that seems rather quiet compared to here!
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this course? I have applied for the p/t MSc Learning and Teaching for this September and I have a Skype interview tomorrow morning.
    Obviously I have an idea of the sort of questions they may ask, but if anyone has been through the process and has any advice I'd love to hear it. I have to say I'm quite nervous because I really want a place on this course - the modules are perfect for my interests etc.
    Thanks in advance xx

2. Hi,
    I have post this on the professional development section but that seems rather quiet compared to here!
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this course? I have applied for the p/t MSc Learning and Teaching for this September and I have a Skype interview tomorrow morning.
    Obviously I have an idea of the sort of questions they may ask, but if anyone has been through the process and has any advice I'd love to hear it. I have to say I'm quite nervous because I really want a place on this course - the modules are perfect for my interests etc.
    Thanks in advance xx

3. JGW201894

JGW201894 New commenter

Hi, I was wondering did you have any luck? I applied a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet at all. I am a little worried about the interview (if I get one), do you have any tips please? Did you enjoy the course?
    xx

4. MissB2012

MissB2012 New commenter

I have just finished my first year of the course. I absolutely love it! It is hard work but very inspiring, supportive and lots of practical ideas to use in the classroom.

Tips for interview.. I went in person as I didn’t fancy the unreliability of our internet for Skype. Ideally, have a focus for what you would like to research (you can always change but they like you to have thought about it). They also like to you to talk about previous CPD or work you have done to improve your skills.

The majority on my course are from secondary backgrounds but there is a good bunch of primary people too. However, they mix you altogether in the tutor groups which is nice.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

JGW201894 likes this.
  5. JGW201894

JGW201894 New commenter

Hi there, that’s really kind of you thank you!

I have been invited to interview and I’m going to go in person (totally agree with the unreliability of Skype).

Everything crossed!x