1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

P.S. jump? pushed? Fired or Resigned?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by coldmetal, Mar 7, 2017.

1. coldmetal

coldmetal Occasional commenter

Today i resigned... My union negotiated a clean standard reference and a month in leue of notice plus holiday pay. My line manager's face went ashen white when I told him "I'm leaving now and won't be back..." My 2nd years pretty shocked, could hardly believe it, were completely upset some of them angry wanting to do something - I talked them through it - they'll be fine they're a talented bunch, 8 or 9 have uni places already. - I'm sure there will be some staff skipping around the office with glee but many who I bade farewell were genuinely sweet in their goodbyes. I feel elated to think I no longer have to go through it all anymore and I might get my evenings and weekends back. How or if I come back to education might take some reflection. Thanks for your help and support you guys on TES.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  2. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

Good Luck in the future.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Very best wishes to you.

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

OP I envy you that sweet elation, as I have read your other posts and know you've had a lot of negatives to think about. Somewhere down the line this will all be amusing history, but for the moment i hope you enjoy the sense of relief.

More seasoned careerists reading this will agree-if you do resume your path working in education, opportunities can often come at you unexpectedly, in ways you had never planned. So keep an open mind; for all the bad that you experienced, you will have still squirreled away a stash of expertise that could slot perfectly into another workplace.

But until then, enjoy your freed up evenings and weekends!

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sorry it had to come to this, but glad you seem happy with the outcome.

Laphroig and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Best wishes for a successful and rewarding future career.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Good luck for the future. Wise words from @sbkrobson .

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Best wishes for your future!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. Anonymity

Anonymity Occasional commenter

Good. Luck.

Please DON'T burn any bridges, no matter how tempted you are. Just move on and out this behind you. It's a small world and you never know if you might need that bridge again!

10. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Freedom if no money coming in.
    You've had a rough time. Take some time to reflect on what went well as well as what went badly, and try to work out the sort of workplace that will be able to use your skills.
    Good luck and best wishes

11. drek

drek Lead commenter

All the best. Remember the good times, leave the bad with the bad.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.