1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

P levels - help and advice please.

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by 1dahab, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I will be starting with my new year 4 class in September. Within the class I will have a girl with downs syndrome working at a P5 level. I am struggling to find the P levels for maths, writing and reading on here and online, so I can plan for her progression and assessment. She will of course have a TA with her, but I still need to plan. Can anyone help? Ideally, I would like a very simple format showing all P levels for these core subjects on a website somewhere (I just don't know where to begin).
    I would very much appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer, beginning to fret badly now as I've wasted so much time looking! [​IMG]
    Many thanks!

2. CandysDog

CandysDog Established commenter

I'm secondary, so have only come across P Scales rarely, but...
    They are properly known as P Scales. Perhaps that's why your searches weren't coming up with much.
    The Department for Education resources on P Scales is here.
    Much of it was originally produced by the QC(D)A. The archive of its website has even more information (look in the right hand menu) here.

3. You might well find that your school or LA already uses PIVATs which enables you to track progress of pupils working on P scales using NC point scores.
    PIVATs also provides deatiled descriptions of levels that you can use for target setting. Speak to the SENCo in school.