1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

P levels broken down to match NEW curriculum

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by 01haread, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help? I am started a new role as an SEN teacher in a base at a main stream school. I am looking for the p levels broken down linked to the new curriculum as a basis for planning and future assessment. I have searched for ages and found nothing broken down apart from the old curriculum?

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be really grateful.

Thanks

Hayley

2. Jo3Grace

Jo3Grace New commenter

Hello Hayley

sadly you'll be looking for a long time. There is not anything.

I assume you've found the old P levels, which were not deleted by the government when they removed the NC levels. I do not know if this was a decision they made, or if perhaps they did not notice that there were there.

If you're not finding the old P levels helpful it may be worth exploring some of the other assessment methods, for example Routes for Learning is often highly praised and certainly worth a google.

Kind regards

Jo Grace

3. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

I heard on a course a couple of weeks ago that new P levels are going to be issued very soon but not sure when.

4. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Hi, just for info, the P scales were kept and republished in July 2014

in a downloadable document of statutory guidance detailed - "This document supplements the national curriculum by specifying performance attainment targets (P scales) and performance descriptors for pupils aged 5 to 16 with special educational needs (SEN) who cannot access the national curriculum."

www.gov.uk/.../p-scales-attainment-targets-for-pupils-with-sen

However, as Jo says, there isn't any other official breakdown or anything linking it to the national curriculum, although I think some schools have done their own.