1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

P.E. in reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by icklesmiley, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Does everyone out there do 2 sessions of P.E.each week- do you do games/dance/gymnastics. Last year we followed the LEAP into LIFE programme which meant no planning as we just followed the programme but I felt it was quite trickyto keep the pace up and it wasn't very exciting. Does anyone follow any fab full of fun Reception?Nursery P.E. schemes? What is legally required in P.E. for Reception/Nursery?
    Help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Hi we do to half hour pe sessions a week and a mini gym session. For the autumn term i teach dance and movement, spring ball games summer obstacle sourses & sports day races, we do gymnastics in mini gym. Sometimes I use Time to Move where you just follow the tape, or use instruments and different types of music to link different movements etc. if you have a good outside area where children can run walk climb crawl, bikes etc you can involve this in pe.
    Hope this is of some help, do you have a PE coordinator?

3. We used to use Sticky Kids, that was quite fun.