1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oxon Bucks Partnership GTP - Sept 11' intake

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by miss_morph, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have been accepted onto the Oxon Bucks Partnership GTP for September 2011 and was wondering who else has been? It would be great to share experiences and ideas with people who will be on the same course! I'm really looking forward to going to Oxford Brookes!!
    looking forward to meeting everyone! [​IMG]
    Thanks
    Sarah

2. Hi,
    I have been accepted onto the Oxon Bucks Partnership GTP for September 2011 and was wondering who else has been? It would be great to share experiences and ideas with people who will be on the same course! I'm really looking forward to going to Oxford Brookes!!
    looking forward to meeting everyone! [​IMG]
    Thanks
    Sarah

3. Hi Sarah,

I've been accepted as well. What subject are you teaching or is it primary?

Hope to see you in September.

Alison

4. Hi Alison,
    Yes I'm going to be training in primary and for my main placement am working in Marlow in a Year 5 and 6 mixed ability group. How about you?
    Are you doing any pre-reading before the course and will you be making it to the two induction dates?
    Sarah

5. For anyone else who is starting the GTP with Oxon Bucks, I've received an email from one of the training co-ordinators with a list of suggested reading.

Learning to Teach in the Primary School (Routledge) ed Arthur, Grainger and Wray
    Any assessment book by Shirley Clarke esp Formative Assessment in Action
    Guy Claxton and his learning theories e.g. Building Learning Power, New Kinds of Smart
    Teaching Synthetic Phonics (Learning Matters) by Johnston and Watson

Sarah

6. I'm in High wycombe, for secondary science, but will be going to the induction days. Are yours 23rd june and 1st July? It may be different for primary and secondary. I now the central training days are different.
    Not doing any teaching pre-reading, but spending time brushing up science as its a while since I took my degree.
    Hope to see you at induction.

Al