1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oxbridge Home Learning

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by emloulei, Aug 6, 2018.

1. emloulei

emloulei New commenter

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

It looks ok. Check with your LA if they recognise it. Online courses are ok so long as you are working/volunteering in a school. Do you have previous experience or TA qualifications at a lower level? You need to know that schools don't always pay according to qualifications but as advertised in the job. Many will also look for greater experience over a higher level qualification. So someone with a Level 2 but 3 years experience may get the job over someone with L3 and just their training experience.

Trekkie, emloulei and Bumptious like this.
  3. LeftTheBuilding

LeftTheBuilding Occasional commenter

It's a recognised qualification from a recognised awarding body (NCFE/CACHE). You will need to be working (paid/unpaid) in a school, as some elements are assessed by direct observation.

I did the L3 diploma over a year while working in a primary school for 2½ days per week.

You may be able to get an Advanced Learner Loan. Details here https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan. If your earnings stay below £25K, then you won't have to make any repayments. I've yet to meet any TA who earns anywhere near that!

Flanks and emloulei like this.
  4. LeftTheBuilding

LeftTheBuilding Occasional commenter

I wondered why I had a feeling of déjà vu :D

emloulei likes this.
  5. emloulei

emloulei New commenter

Hi thanks for replying. I volunteer in a school 1.5 days a week and have done for nearly 2 years. I wanted to do level 2 & 3 but was told because I have experience I could go straight to level 3. I would love to go on to do a hlta course too.

6. emloulei

emloulei New commenter

Haha yes it’s me again I’ve just applied for funding through a carers organisation

Bumptious likes this.
  7. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

HLTA is not a course it is a status and is for very experienced TAs. you will need quite a few more years experience before going for it.

Bumptious likes this.
  8. AnotherDayTowardsRetirement

AnotherDayTowardsRetirement Occasional commenter

emloulei likes this.
  9. emloulei

emloulei New commenter

10. eromdap

eromdap New commenter

11. shabnam07

shabnam07 New commenter

Hi i have just enrolled onto this course with Oxbridge Home Learning. I rang cache before i enrolled, they confirmed the company is registered with them. Would you like to buddy up? Im really nervous about the course...i have been out of education for 5 years.

emloulei likes this.
  12. emloulei

emloulei New commenter

Yes definitely! I have been out of education longer than that so you’ll be fine

13. Hi I started my teaching assistant level 2 course. I'm enjoying this course and working in school as a volunteer for 1 and a half day.I've been completed my 8 assessments but submitted only 3 which are passed.