1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oxbox

Discussion in 'Science' started by rand0m1, Jul 20, 2011.

1. rand0m1

rand0m1 New commenter

Hi all,
    I'm hoping for some feedback here. Have people managed to install Oxbox onto their school computers or VLE? I've got the GCSE Science one and Fronter can't upload files of over 1GB and Northgate apparently can't install any program onto the staff laptops! So I just wanted to get some feedback to see if this is an Oxbox issue or if it is another Northgate issue.
    If you have got it working on your VLE, which platform are you using?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. rand0m1

rand0m1 New commenter

Hi all,
    I'm hoping for some feedback here. Have people managed to install Oxbox onto their school computers or VLE? I've got the GCSE Science one and Fronter can't upload files of over 1GB and Northgate apparently can't install any program onto the staff laptops! So I just wanted to get some feedback to see if this is an Oxbox issue or if it is another Northgate issue.
    If you have got it working on your VLE, which platform are you using?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Occasional commenter

We have it installed on individual PCs and laptops, but not via a network or VLE. This has been our first year with this scheme.
    To be honest, I don't use Oxbox much. The clips and animations for use during lessons didn't seem particularly inspirational - there are one or two I might use but not many. I've used some of the assessments but have a recollection of having to make corrections in a couple of them.
    (I only teach the physics part, maybe bio & chem are better).

4. Hi rand0m1
    If you need any help installing your OxBox you can contact the OUP technical support number on 01865 353374 (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) or email edtechsupport@oup.com.
    Hope this helps,
    Shelly

5. We bought collins because you can get the e-book on line and apparently will work on mobile phones and iPads. No install to vle needed. Although they claim you can - aye right!