1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Overview of POS coverage in KS1 and KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cb52, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Help!!! I am leading on the creative curriculum at my school and have lost the fabulous sheets I had found which showed complete coverage of national curriculum KS1 and 2 POS which we are supposed to be using to show coverage. Has anyone got anything that they use? Please!!!!!

2. up!!!!

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Isn't that just the National Curriculum?
    What was different about these sheets?

4. it was an overview of all subjects programmes of study on 1 A3 sheet so each year can high light what they cover to ensure that there are no gaps etc. thought it was very useful. How do you ensure coverage?

5. please!!! what does everyone else use to ensure coverage of NC POS??

6. During our medium term planning for KS1 ( we do it toegther) we had all the creative curriculum objectives and ticked which objs covered for each half term. We also made sure that the objs we were using covered the POS for KS1. We brainstormed what we would cover in each topic. Therefore if all objs are covered then all POS is covered too.
    We decided to do this as we are a creative school as it is and used the new proposed creative curriculum stuff... although not law... it covers all statutory work to be covered, and the Nat Curr does allow for interpretation.

7. Thanks for that!

8. Hello,
    Did you ever find a copy of the curriculum coverage for KS1 & 2. If so, could I be cheeky and ask for a copy.
    Thanks