1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Overseas Sales have stopped

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by Resource_Creator, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Resource_Creator

Resource_Creator New commenter

Hi there, my overseas sales, apart from Great Britain have completely stopped. Has this happened to anyone else? It is significantly impacting my sales. Are there changes afloat that I'm not aware of?

GloriaMG likes this.
  2. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

a lot of us who teach overseas are on holiday. we dont have the same holidays as the UK

3. Resource_Creator

Resource_Creator New commenter

Thanks for that information :)

4. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

This has happened to many people and there has been lots of discussion and info about this on the facebook authors' forum. Head on over to there. It's a closed group but request to join. You will be welcomed aboard and can read all about it! It's a bit too complicated for me to summarise! https://www.facebook.com/groups/TESAuthors/

5. thinky

thinky Occasional commenter

Haven't had an overseas sale for several weeks. They had been quite regular until then.

6. GloriaMG

GloriaMG New commenter

Have you got any update from TES team? Thanks!

7. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Hi, @GloriaMG. Tes have changed something regarding weighting of resources when searching from a different country. Since then I have made a few overseas sales again, so hopefully they are returning. Sales are slower during the hols anyway, so time will tell (though, of course, many non-Christian do not have an Easter break...though I'm no expert on term-dates in other countries!!)

GloriaMG likes this.
  8. GloriaMG

GloriaMG New commenter

Thank you very much for your replying!! Very nice from you! :) hopefully overseas sales are back soon!

9. MosaiK

MosaiK New commenter

Overseas sales? o_O ... all my sales appear to have stopped... sold nothing since just before Easter... I shall put it down to the school holidays for now.
    Think I'm losing my tiles... ;)

10. joannammarsh

joannammarsh New commenter

My sales also seem to have been really slow this month...I keep checking last year and there is growth, but nowhere near as much as other months show....maybe it's BREXIT, maybe it's holiday time...I am trying to review some of my resources whilst it's quieter...and tweak odd things....sometimes 'editing' can place it higher on the view list and seems to get a renewed flurry of views and sales...just a thought....I'm in no doubt it will pick up again soon...

MosaiK likes this.
  11. MosaiK

MosaiK New commenter

Thank you. :)
    I have now made 4 sales this month. ;)
    Compared with April last year, there is growth in April for me too, but only because I didn't start selling until October 2017... :rolleyes: :)

12. thinky

:D

30171105_588027998233637_4320221390660278702_o.jpg

13. thinky

Imagine if it had been a hot Easter! :eek::D

14. MosaiK

MosaiK New commenter

... a lot of melting chocolate eggs? :D:)

15. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Hi...I recently did join you guys but cannot find the thread on this? Still nine the wiser! I would so like to sell my resources to other countries but am a bit stumped.

16. Alice K

Alice K Occasional commenter

No overseas sales for weeks now.

Mrsmumbles and mrajlong like this.
  17. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I am now getting a few more @Alice K, but from not as wide a range as I used to. Mostly UAE...

Mrsmumbles likes this.