1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

overseas masters

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by gappy, May 29, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I would like to complete a Masters course while I teach overseas. And while I will be conducting my own research I thought it may be useful to canvass opinion on here.
    Has anyone got experience of doing this? which university did you go through? how much did it cost?
    I am interested in an MA in Educational Leadership or Teaching and Learning and would like to hear some of your experiences of both of these in order to make up my mind on which to study.
    Much appreciated.
    Gappy.

2. Hi there,
    I would like to complete a Masters course while I teach overseas. And while I will be conducting my own research I thought it may be useful to canvass opinion on here.
    Has anyone got experience of doing this? which university did you go through? how much did it cost?
    I am interested in an MA in Educational Leadership or Teaching and Learning and would like to hear some of your experiences of both of these in order to make up my mind on which to study.
    Much appreciated.
    Gappy.

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

I clearly misunderstood the tagline, I thought you wanted views from the Masters of the Overseas circuit.
    ;) [​IMG]

4. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

So How come you replied MM? [​IMG]
    Flinders University (Adelaide) have an MEd in Leadership by distance. No idea how much it costs for international students but there were about 50 thousand Canadians doing it so it must be cheaper than doing it in Canada.

5. Hi Gappy,

A couple of my mates have suggested the Educational leadership course at Leics. 6.6K over 3 years. They said they were well supported with the distance learning aspect of it and they felt the course was beneficial, both in terms of their career and, of course, the intrinsic joy that a deeper pedagogical understanding brings. I'm mulling it over at the moment and it seems a better price than the Bath option.

6. Thanks STB.
    Definitely going to start in early 2012. Waiting on contact from the various universities I have emailed to see which one I go for. It may be a simple case of the cheapest one!

Thanks to all for your input.

7. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

I've been told that a few people in my new school are doing Masters with IOE London. They have some course that really interest me - comparative education for example. Really into looking how children learn independently but I think I can cover that in comparative - a part of it any way.