1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Overseas Biology trips for the not so well off

Discussion in 'Science' started by thesecretsciencetutor, Jun 4, 2019.

1. thesecretsciencetutor

thesecretsciencetutor New commenter

Hi,

I work in a secondary school in a big city with a very large mix of learners from different backgrounds.
    There is a great mix of ethnicity's and affluence.
    I am looking to plan a trip. A BIG trip that may just be a once in a lifetime opportunity for these kids, or hopefully open their eyes to the wider world and possibilities that are out there and raise aspirations.
    I'm thinking a safari but may set my sights lower when i get more information. The problem is my school has never done anything like this before. If i'm to go to my head and ask permission i need some starter facts.

Can anyone recommend a company for good value overseas school trips?
    I would obviously plan this well in advance so could do fundraising activities to help raise funds.
    If anyone has been on one can you give a rough estimate of how much it would cost for the pupils/staff?

Any advice to know where to start would be appreciated.

2. particlezoo

particlezoo New commenter

Hiya

I got an email form a company called camps international that might do what you're asking. Good luck with the fundraising.

3. KBuxey

KBuxey New commenter

You should have a look at OpWall https://www.opwall.com/

They provide support with fundraising, and you can book a couple of years in advance to allow time to fundraise. The trips themselves are also fanstatic, providing the chance to work with researchers in the field.