1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Overheard in Tesco...

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by BertieBassett2, Jul 12, 2019.

1. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

Doing my shopping this afternoon, I passed a woman on her phone who said, 'Well, they've had loads of Supply teachers this year and they're not happy....'
    I really wanted to eavesdrop some more, but felt it would be too voyeuristic. I wonder why they had so many Supplies?...

agathamorse likes this.
  2. The-Gaffer

The-Gaffer Occasional commenter

Erm ... Probably because thier kids are little knuts

3. elvispenhaligon

elvispenhaligon Occasional commenter

Because the academy of shaggin and stabbin is actually a hell hole

Happyregardless and agathamorse like this.
  4. a1976

a1976 Occasional commenter

Working in a mill is not for everyone, so not everyone is going to like working in a GCSE mill. Also, we don't take **** from our own children, why should we take it from the their's.

agathamorse likes this.
  5. Happyregardless

Happyregardless Occasional commenter

I'm sorry but I never get over that way-off-the-mark attitude that " because they've had more than one person teach them that this excuses their *******y behaviour?" Again, another one, lazy parents use to offload their little ones anti-social behaviour on another factor other than their complete lack of parenting skills?! SURELY, it is a GOOD thing that children are taught by a number of adults? 1) they will have to get used to it by secondary in any case, 2) different personalities and teaching approaches will appeal to different learning styles 3) They (should) learn to treat ALL adults with respect and hone good listening skills with all adults.

I DO understand the need for security and consistency with children and especially with early years BUT an awful lot is made excuses for. It seems it's easier to make an excuse and blame teachers these days than actually take responsibility for your own children?

agathamorse and Morgelyn like this.
  6. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

It was just a chance overheard remark, but it got me wondering. Who exactly has had all the different supply teachers? Who isn't happy about it?

agathamorse likes this.
  7. ABCCBA123321

ABCCBA123321 Occasional commenter

My own kid has had a lot of supply teachers in this year - I'm not best happy about it... not because of the supply teachers, who have all been really good, from a consistent group that the school uses regularly so know the kids (and I'm glad to see the school still giving supply teachers the work) but because the class teacher is one of these who can find any excuse under the sun to get the hell out of the classroom for a day or two (and is basically doing absolutely just the minimum to get by)!