1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Overactive bladder and could do with some support

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by TC7, Jan 2, 2011.

1. TC7

TC7

You have my sympathy, a few years ago my bladder became over sensitive and I did have a couple of bouts of infection which was cleared with strong antbiotics. My bladder is not like everyone elses I have decided. I cannot go longer than about 2 hours with out needing the loo so I usually plot my trips anywhere. I find any stressful situation makes me produce gallons of wee resulting in frequent trips. Having a cup of coffee out has to be judged because it will just work its way through quickly. I did have a check up because apparently the inside lining can fall down which results in the sensation of wanting to go all the time, in my case it hadn't. I take a cranberry pill every day, drink enough and try to forget about it. Did you have a catheter with your c section because this can cause soreness of the piping. I agree bladder pain can get you down. I hope you get an answer soon.

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Have you tried cutting out caffeine?

3. I don't understand the physio's approach.. (This may be her way of telling you that she's not a fan of acupuncture?) Surely she'd involve a dietician or a dentist if she thought they'd help.

4. <ol>[*]Are you drinking enough? Not drinking enough concentrates urine which can irritate the bladder which could cause you to feel like you need to go.[*]Are you going to the loo too often? The bladder is a muscle which has to be exercized and if it get used to only ever holding a small amount will only be able to cope with a small amount....[*]Have you been offered a urodynamic study? This can tell a urologist a lot about the pressure in your bladder and abdomen generally whilst being subjected to various situations... </ol>

5. I know exactly what you are going through.I had severe problems 2 years ago and so much so that it was actually painful. I had 6 months off work and had investigations(a laparoscopy ,2 cystoscopies,kidney tests and an ultra sound.In the end the conclusion was that i has an over active bladder. The cob foundation website is brilliant and you get a lot of support and advice from them.I avoided tea,coffee and alcohol but that didn't seem to help.Painkillers didn't do much either. there is a drug called oxybutin which i tried and itdoes slow your bladder down which is good,specially at night.In the end a drug called amitryptiline really helped me and I am no back at work and living lie to the full again.Overactive bladder is like always being aware that you bladder is there,whether it is full or empty.it really gets to you as you are always uncomfortable.I do hope you have had some help by now from your gp.

6. I know exactly what you are going through.I had severe problems 2 years ago and so much so that it was actually painful. I had 6 months off work and had investigations(a laparoscopy ,2 cystoscopies,kidney tests and an ultra sound.In the end the conclusion was that i has an over active bladder. The cob foundation website is brilliant and you get a lot of support and advice from them.I avoided tea,coffee and alcohol but that didn't seem to help.Painkillers didn't do much either. there is a drug called oxybutin which i tried and itdoes slow your bladder down which is good,specially at night.In the end a drug called amitryptiline really helped me and I am no back at work and living lie to the full again.Overactive bladder is like always being aware that you bladder is there,whether it is full or empty.it really gets to you as you are always uncomfortable.I do hope you have had some help by now from your gp.

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Have you tried one of these?
    [​IMG]

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

oops!
    [​IMG]