1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding Teaching Assistants Programme

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by bertie5641, Mar 25, 2016.

1. bertie5641

bertie5641 New commenter

Good morning all. I have been asked by my Headteacher to attend a 5 afternoon's course for outstanding teaching assistants. I will of course seize the opportunity (Us TAs rarely get any formal CPD)! Anyone been on one? Any thoughts or info?

kmahoney75 likes this.
  2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Had never heard of this course before, but have just googled it - it seems fairly new, but has been running for a couple of years. The content looks good - I would definitely take up the opportunity (as you say, many TAs don't get the chance of formal CPD nowadays; it will look good on your CV). And it's always interesting to meet and talk to others with the same role in different schools - sharing good practice is where some of the best ideas come from! Enjoy the course and let us know how it goes.

3. bertie5641

bertie5641 New commenter

Thanks for your reply. Will keep you posted!

4. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

Yes please. I have never heard of this either. I'd be interested to hear what you thought about it.

5. mrmatt73

mrmatt73 Occasional commenter

We sent some of our TA's on this. You get an accreditation but if you've been on the job for a few years, you will probably know everything anyway. Our TA's were giving the OTAP trainer advice.

The sharing practice part was good for our TA's, especially when they found out that behaviour at other schools was far worse !!

Make what you can of it.