1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding school - where to now?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Feffer, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, I have an interview soon at an outstanding school and have been asked to make a presentation about how to move the school on when it is already outstanding.
    I have gone through the Ofsted report and found the areas that didn't get a 1 grade to include, also going to put in something about the new framework and making sure that all curriculum areas have opportunities to use maths and literacy in them as well as looking at the changes that the new framework have brought about.
    Going to include something about keeping up to date with current technology as well as they haven't yet got tablets in school.
    Any other ideas? Am I going down the right path?!

2. Hi everyone, I have an interview soon at an outstanding school and have been asked to make a presentation about how to move the school on when it is already outstanding.
    I have gone through the Ofsted report and found the areas that didn't get a 1 grade to include, also going to put in something about the new framework and making sure that all curriculum areas have opportunities to use maths and literacy in them as well as looking at the changes that the new framework have brought about.
    Going to include something about keeping up to date with current technology as well as they haven't yet got tablets in school.
    Any other ideas? Am I going down the right path?!

3. All that you have listed here sounds good, but the main thing I would try and get across is that in order to be outstanding, you have to be continually looking for ways to do things better and improve outcomes for children. ie outstanding is not a destination, it is a journey and you have to stay on it. One of the most frustrating things for heads is when staff think they've arrived and stop putting in the effort that they put in to become outstanding, "we've done it so now we can relax!" So I would be referring to developing a culture of self evaluation and continuous improvement, which will feed into the SIP process as well as the practical examples you give. Good Luck

4. Thanks for that seagirl, I shall make sure I include that! :)