1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding School - due inspection?or not?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Stork_ls20, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Can anyone enlighten me regarding the new framework and what happens with the 'risk assessment' that will be conducted on outstanding schools? I know that good schools will get a letter if their results have been ok, but what about outstanding schools? Our results have been sig+ in the majority of measures over 3 years but with a dip in 09/10in KS2 English - would this be enough to trigger an inspection? Also - anyone out there who knows when the letter would come? We were 3 years since the last inspection in Jan this year - can we expect a letter and if so, when!

2. drobe90488

drobe90488 New commenter

I was just wondering the same thing as we have just passed the three year mark. Having just researched it online I then logged onto TES hoping to find and answer and I saw your post!
    I can't get a definite answer. It seems that as long as results continue to be above the expected and that the two sublevel progress is maintainted then a"risk assesment " will be carried out. But with the new system just beginnign there does not appear to be a clear answer. Anyone else no anything or have experience?

3. whiskyforme

whiskyforme New commenter

"The annual risk assessment takes place in December and/or January for schools judged to be outstanding at their last inspection, starting in the third year after the end of the academic year in which the school?s previous inspection took place, and then annually after that. Where a school has converted to academy status, the date of the risk assessment will depend on the date of the last inspection of the predecessor school.
    If the annual risk assessment raises concerns about the performance of a school, it may be inspected at any time after the completion of the risk assessment. "

Or google" Risk assessment of maintained schools and academies"

I hope this helps

4. Thanks to everyone - I'm reading this that we will have until Sept at least then as the docs state risk assessments will take place in the 3rd year AFTER the academic year in which inspection took place - my blood pressure is feeling lower!