1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding MFL Lesson Plan

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by MsFranglais1979, Jul 17, 2011.

1. As an expert on outstanding lessons, I have produced a list of ways to describe "beyond outstanding".
    They are:
    special, exceptional, phenomenal, impressive, remarkable, cool, out of this world, outstandinger, ace, and my favourite, "well good".
    Managers, please feel free to throw these words around like confetti to make your colleagues feel even less motivated and more useless than ever.before.

2. Hi, there, I am a GTP to be, starting my training in september. I'd be grateful if you can kindly send me this document for reference, please. My email is
    mlc1022@hotmail.com.

Many thanks
    MIaulin

3. Can we please stop this nonsense!

4. Hello,

I am an MFL PGCE student (French) and I am interested in reading the document to make an outsatnding lesson. Would you mind to send it to me too please?

It would be very helpful.

Thank you.

MArianne

5. I've written about this thread in my blog. http://bit.ly/J1AFyA

6. Hi,

Can someone send me the document also please.
    Inbox me please

7. ojala

ojala New commenter

*bangs head against a brick wall*

8. Hi

I've only just seen this message.

Can you also forward it to me if it's not too much bother?

lucycollins01@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

9. Please could you send me the document about outsanding lessons in MFL? my email is marybradley65@hotmail.com

Many thanks

10. Why not upload it as a resource?

11. kpjf

kpjf New commenter

I don't get why poster after poster is asking for this outstanding lesson like it's going to magically transform their teaching. An outstanding lesson on paper does not mean you're going to magically deliver an outstanding lesson. You could go through it too slowly, not explain things properly, or your students mightn't be accustomed to x activity, or this lesson assumes students already know x vocab/structures/expressions and your students don't know them.

I'm really bewildered at the amount of posters asking for this lesson. What if you don't teach that year, that topic? I thought it would have been better for the OP to upload some of her lesson plans and then people could have critiqued them.

Wouldn't it be much better for people to listen to their PGCE tutor/school mentor as to what an outstanding lesson should include and other tips? E.g. the advice from this post:

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise this thread was so old. It came up on the right-hand side of this forum and just saw it today.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.