1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding MFL Lesson Plan

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by MsFranglais1979, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Why are people giving out their real email addresses?

2. chriszwinter

chriszwinter New commenter

Beats me. Maybe they don't mind who knows who they are.

3. Random175

Random175 New commenter

I thought teaching was a marathon not a sprint. You can't run as fast as you can for 26 miles and the children cannot learn at an outstanding level every minute of the day. I aim for consistently very good lessons but I know I don't achieve it always for a whole variety of reasons, one of them being that sometimes the lesson has to be satisfactory in ofsted terms for the children to practise properly!

4. Is it cheeky to ask for a copy too? I don't know if my e-mail address comes up if I write it on here so I won't put it on yet (plus I don't know if you'd agree to send it to me!) Thanks Suzanne.

5. chriszwinter

chriszwinter New commenter

Well put. I just wish SMT's would understand that learning a language takes time and you can't show progress every 3 minutes.

6. Some great advice from the guys that should get you producing excellent lessons soon! :) Also try to write some of your own resources to stimulate kids of differing abilities or download some ideas from sites like the bbc or helpmeteach.co.uk
    Good luck[​IMG]

7. jkhanom

jkhanom New commenter

Please can I have a copy of said lesson plan as outstanding? I can't recall who th OP was so please can anybody who has this document PM me thier e mail address.? I have interviews...

8. Hi, I am in the same situation as the person who wrote the first post. What really hurts is that my teaching was rated good with outstanding features in my NQT year. With the focus on teaching and learning (rightfully), I am still in the situation where a maximum of 90% of my students are consistently on task and I want it to be 100%...If you could email me this document, I would be really grateful and less disheartened than I am now! :) owele1@yahoo.com

9. If your document is describing mfl lessons then please could you forward? I need something specific to language lessons and not the usual generic pointers. Email is cmorris@bpsc.co.uk. Thanks in advance

10. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that document too. Last week I was observed and when I asked what was needed for outstanding he couldn't say.
    email. mam21c@gmail.com

Thanks

11. musiclover1

musiclover1 New commenter

That seriously is exactly what we've been asked to do. I was told after an observation that in order to get a better grade for my lesson the pupils would have to leave it feeling completely exhausted because they'd produced so much work during every minute and learnt so much without ever taking a break.

12. Hi, would you still have that document and could you send it to me? Many thank in advance...

13. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Oh my word people! .....the document is likely to include the usual suspects....active starter, chunked lessons, plenaries and mini-plenaries etc...... I think we all spend too much time after the 'holy grail' of the outstanding lesson, when we all know the answer already. Excuse my outburst but this thread reminds me of everybody wanting a copy of something else, then suddenly loads of people who never usually post appear from out of the woodwork.

14. MsFranglais1979

MsFranglais1979 New commenter

15. MsFranglais1979

MsFranglais1979 New commenter

I think the reality is that no-one not even the people who are 'supposed' to know what outstanding is know what outstanding is - it is an enigma which for the most part seems unattainable these days. I will now say that since my original post I went on to achieve good with outstanding in my final GTP observation and practically killed myself in the process - now in my NQT year I am teaching A'Level for the first time and on this (my first at a new school) observation have returned to satisfactory with good - I clearly have lots of work to do!! For now I will be happy to achieve Good in any observations by Mentors/OfSted/Aliens to be honest.

16. Hi,
    I would highly appreciate if you kindly e-mail the OUTSTANDING Lesson Plan to me as well.
    My e-mail address is:mateerehman@yahoo.co.uk

Kind regards,

Matee

17. You must be tired of sharing this document around but could i have a copy sent to me as well - pretty please??? No one has ever shown to me what an outstanding lesson should include...

18. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

Networking with other teachers is a much more effective way of getting ideas to improve your teaching and planning than reading a lesson plan which, as many have said, may have worked for one individual but which may not work for someone else. You only have to read this thread https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/568049.aspx to realise that many of the people observing your lessons would not know "outstanding" if they saw it and that in fact there are many different opinions of what "outstanding" actually is. I too am a lone practitioner in a couple of primary schools. I have a virtual MFL department which I visit just about everyday, and that is Twitter. It's superb for brainstorming ideas and finding out new and refreshing ways of doing things. I also blog about the things that I do in my primary classrooms. I'm not saying that they are examples of excellent practice, but they're things that my classes have enjoyed and which may well spark some creativity in someone else. In these days of rarely cover etc, we have to be proactive if we want to continue to refresh and improve. It's not as easy as a single lesson plan.

19. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

There's a new grade of "beyond outstanding"?!