1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding ideas needed for Rec/Y1 writing!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by eleanoramey, May 2, 2012.

1. Hello,

I have an interview next week for a YR/Y1 class and the teaching task is a 20min lesson on writing that shows what they children can achieve at this point in the year.

There is obviously quite a range of abilities, so I need to have suitable extension in mind (besides just adding adjectives!)

Also 20min is quite short, so not sure whether to aim for individual outcomes or do a shared write?

I have a couple of ideas but a friend suggested I try the forum, so perhaps some of you have amazing, tried-and-tested ideas that you would be willing to share!

2. Hello,

I have an interview next week for a YR/Y1 class and the teaching task is a 20min lesson on writing that shows what they children can achieve at this point in the year.

There is obviously quite a range of abilities, so I need to have suitable extension in mind (besides just adding adjectives!)

Also 20min is quite short, so not sure whether to aim for individual outcomes or do a shared write?

I have a couple of ideas but a friend suggested I try the forum, so perhaps some of you have amazing, tried-and-tested ideas that you would be willing to share!

3. With only 20 minutes I think shared writing might be the way to go. How about giving out the whiteboards and getting the children to collaborate in pairs in writing words and sentences, which could be incorporated into a shared piece, with lots of opportunities for review and improvement.