1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding behaviour and safety

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by robby64, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Difficult to know what to suggest if the reason for the grade 2 wasn't spelled out with reference to the handbook criteria. However, if there is bad behaviour occasionally and perhaps in lessons pupils might have been passive etc. then that is consistent with a grade 2.
    For grade 1, the criteria mentions such things as 'almost always impeccable', 'highly consistent', 'attitudes to learning are exemplary' .

2. I don't think it was the lessons - they complimented us on the pupil's attitude to learning and didn't experience any bad behaviour in lessons at all.
    TBH on reflection I think it was purely down to the fact that the no of exclusions went up a bit last year. (Which is actually down to two students who came to us on a managed move, the first time we have ever had anyone on a managed move). The data didn't 100% support the 1 so they couldn't give it to us - I just find it fraustrating that they couldn't just say that!