1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outside Bubbleland, life goes on...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, Oct 21, 2020.

1. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

We are unable to be part of a bubble. None of our family or friends live within normal walking distance and most have adult children.

Our local friends are our support group, though most of them actually live miles away. Where we live, one is more a denizen than a resident.

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

You could only be part of a bubble with a person who lives alone.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

We formed a brief 'bubble' with our youngest and partner when they had a medical emergency a few months ago. It lasted less than 24 hours and we've not shared a house with anybody before or since. We only meet with them outdoors, and now they've gone into Tier 3 whilst we're in Tier 2.

4. frodo_magic

frodo_magic Established commenter

Wasn't it Michael Jsckson who had a chimp called Bubbles?

5. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I'm a bubble. I live on my own so my daughter and her mob are bubblers. We don't live within walking distance, but in the same county. I am not self-isolating and we certainly help each other.

6. kittylion

kittylion Senior commenter

I live with one son (well, he lives with me) and the other son lives alone so we are a very small bubble of 3. I have another relative who lives alone and would have liked to bubble with her - but I'm all bubbled out alas. :(

ilovesooty likes this.
  7. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

We only have our house bubble, no relatives nearby all in different counties or country. We are just plodding along spending time in the garden and only going out when it is necessary.