1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outrageous parent stories............

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JennyMus, May 3, 2011.

1. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

We received a furious note written on the reverse of half an A4 page of recyced, grubby paper stating how cross this particular mother was that we had had a parents' evening without telling her, how she supported her child's learning, how dare we, etc, etc.
    It was written on the back of the letter that had gone home informing her about parents' evening. Classic.
    We had it framed between two pieces of glass.

caress and Smudge78 like this.
  2. Tigger1962

Tigger1962 New commenter

I remember a situation there a mother stormed the school demanding payment for her little darling?s state of the art mobile phone that her son had dropped while assaulting a girl in his class.

Despite bringing mobile phones to being against school rules and the fact that her son was using the phone to hit the other child on the head (and the girl had tried to get away from the attacker 3 times) ? the mother?s line of reasoning was that the other child had cased the phone to break by raising her hands to protect her head to prevent the boy hitting her in the ear with the phone

The mother argued that it was the girl?s fault that the boy dropped the phone and broke and demanded that the girl?s parents (or failing that the school) were responsible for paying for her son?s phone

3. Nowt queer as folk, eh?

4. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Sorry, only just come back to this thread. Some corners on here.
    I did report him and he was arrested, he's currently inside. While he was on bail for this particular offence he tried to kill his wife. Nice chap.

henrypm0 likes this.
  5. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I meant corkers, not corners !

6. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I remember a parent being called in to meet with us about an incident where her son had used foul and abusive language to a member of staff. She dragged him out by his ear, yelling: "What have I told you about f*cking swearing at your f*cking teachers...?"

henrypm0 likes this.
  7. This is foul. Really awful and beyond nasty. How on earth are we supposed to keep a civil tongue when dealing with such gobsh.ites?

8. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

put this on your ipod

9. Brilliant :)

10. Used to teach a boy who, let's be honest here, didn't give a snot (substitute the "no" for "it") about any of his personal belongings - because he knew mum would be in and out of school and gather them up from wherever he abandoned them. It had already reached the point where mum would come in on a Mon evening and write down all his spellings to learn again for him because he couldn't be bothered to take his spelling book home - so that sort of level. You'd remind him that he'd left his clarinet on the table at hometime... shrug and ignore you... remind him he hadn't put all his PE kit back in the bag... he'd shrug and kick it under the table - really really unpleasant attitude.
    Mum decided to present the school with an itemised invoice for everything "stolen" at school.... funnily most of the stolen items were found, exactly where her little cherub had chucked them - on top of the lockers, in piles in a corner, shoved under classroom furniture - mum would still hear no wrong on this child who was one of the most sly, vile button-pushers for the kids with emotional difficulties/very short fuses (basically good kids we were trying desperately to turn around - but he knew how to set them off and get them into bother), rude and nasty little bully I've ever come across.

The other one was one cracking parent when I worked in a private school - she was utterly utterly nuts... you never knew if you were going to get some drawn out saga of anger, rage and angst, or something utterly random like her strutting into the staff area (we had to be available to meet and greet any parents every morning so our staffroom was open access - yes I know!) and telling a joke before wandering out again. She complained she wanted me to personally sit with her child and do her homework with her every night - yeah... home... work.... clue's in the name love, demanded I changed the way multiplication was taught because she liked it a different way, was just a constant list of things like that. I should have known from the day I went to visit the class and was hidden in the toilets when she did her drop-off time that she was going to be a fun customer. Thankfully we got the entire school playground recovered with that rubber matting, and had to ban stillettos from it - and since she permanently wore stillettos - I spent most of the year I worked there doing before-school duty at the very far end of the playground where she couldn't get to me!
    She also had an arch-rival parent in the other sibling's class... and of course, as is inevitable with parents who hate each other - their kids were magnetically attracted to each other. We had incidents of one of them sneaking into the classroom before school (again this whole total open access thing) and cross checking all the reading books in bookbags to compare and make sure her child was ahead of rival child... followed by gloating at the school gates over this - leading to a full blown fight where they needed to be physically separated by staff!
    She did, however, fight like a tiger and give the head an utter utter rollicking on behalf of the teaching staff when it was very badly announced the school was closing - you could hear the explosion about four towns away and it was all her going off and being angry for the teaching staff's behalf!

Klbwood likes this.
  11. inky

inky Lead commenter

12. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

Horrifying and hilarious at the same time!!

13. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Yet all too familiar!

14. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

I guess i've been somewhat lucky in the dealings i've had with parents. The worst I have had was one mum who turned up drunk at a parents evening and kept feeling my leg.

15. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

He didn't give a Sitt? [​IMG] What does the composer from Prague have to do with it?

16. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

I sat for ages trying to work that one out!

17. My first parents evening was awesome. I was teaching a booster group, working with the kids that no one else seemed to want. Just let a parent in and then parent immediately kicked off demanding to if I was actually qualified to teach their child. Was very tempted to reply that no I was actually the caretaker and that the staff had decided that as she couldn't be bothered to ensure said child did their work at home why should the school bother.
    The next best one was when after having 45 year 5 pupils use my classroom to prepare for a performance and left the place in a tip. So, last week of summer term, the year 5s spent an hour sorting through all the mess left from the performance and clearing up the room. one parent decided I had wasted their childs education. Actually managed to get into the papers for that one!

18. ...not sure I understand this...

19. Agree with you, and I am pretty sure the child is enjoying too. I don't see why it is a problem for a child to be out and helping on a farm rather than home playing video games and eating crisps. Spent my childhood's holidays helping on my uncle's farm, it taught me few things, for example that you have to work to get pocket money...