1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outrageous parent stories............

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JennyMus, May 3, 2011.

1. How about a mother who bombarded a headmaster with mail every day for 2 months arguing about the finer points of her daughter's exclusion, one letter was 80 pages long...........

2. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Over the course of 100 posts, threads do tend to slip wayward on a tangent from the original topic. It's natural. Those that don't tend to drop off the bottom of the page within a few hours. Look at page 4 or 5 of the personal forum, you'll find threads with 6 or 7 posts.
    Be grateful that your thread has sparked some interesting debate!

3. We find agreement [​IMG]

4. Eva, considering that I just happened to be reading through your thread about beginner's exercise where by about page 2 you condemn another poster quite clearly for going slightly off topic to dare to mention swimming instead of running you appear to have quite substantially changed your tune when it is you who wants to discuss something else. I was merely a little peeved as the this thread was meant to light hearted instead of some serious form of debate about children's eating habit's in the school day. I am not 'grateful', no more than you were in the instance I have since come across!

LindyHop likes this.
  5. Lol Jenny. Hypocrisy is proportional to amount of posts made. :¬))

6. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

And your point about nutter parents is?
    [​IMG]

7. Eva_Smith

I absolutely refute that. In fact I've argued quite the opposite on that thread and have actively encouraged people to write about ALL sports!

8. I once had a parent write a four page letter to me using rather colourful language (and woeful spelling) after I wouldn't allow her child to sit next to her best friend. And then filled in the parent meeting feedback with snotty comments about why I was a crappy teacher. Cheers.

9. Eva_Smith

In fact, on the page you mention I was specifically trying to illustrate that whilst I was discussing running as my 'beginner' exercise of choice, I welcomed support and info from anyone who was taking up something new to join me in sharing experiences. Kindly be accurate if you are accusing someone of hypocrisy.

10. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

would like to read more parent stories, please? i don't think i have any good ones. will have a ponder.

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I don't, but am flabber-ghastlied, reading these

12. I was doing a parents' evening

A Y11 and his parents sat down

I began by saying "Name has not being trying as hard as I expect"

I stopped as the Dad raised his hand, swung, smacked his son across his face ...
    son recoiled and rebounded and was clearly used to this, Mum did not blink

I began my next sentence with "however"

A long time ago ... it is the single most shocking parent action I have seen

13. I had a reception parent tell me, in no uncertain terms, that her child would not be doing P.E as it was too cold (Not snowing) and if any one dared to change her then she would be complaining to the head. This was done in front of all the class and other parents.
    She got sent straight to the head!

14. I had a parent who didn't send their son in because 'light snow' had been 'predicted'. There was no snow on the ground whatsoever, nor was there by the end of the day.

15. Ah the joys of snow. We had one parent keep her 3 children off school because the snow was too dangerous, then complained when we closed the next day as she had to go to work!

henrypm0 and hhhh like this.
  16. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

At parents' evening, one mother blew her nose on her silky scarf.

17. Nice!
    I can remember a meeting with myself, the HT and a dad from my class. As he left he kissed us both on the cheek before leaving. Was a very awkward moment for all involved!

18. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

A parent complained that the school had been closed for snow.
    She had had to take the day off work to look after her son.
    Her son was 18.

henrypm0 likes this.
  19. The son I refer to in post 144 was 21.

20. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

She was still wearing it around her shoulders.