1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outrageous parent stories............

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JennyMus, May 3, 2011.

1. I'd like to offer one about a mother who walked into the staff room and punched a teacher square in the face because they 'upset' her little lovely - by of course asking them politely to respect a school rule.....................what others have you got?

2. I'd like to offer one about a mother who walked into the staff room and punched a teacher square in the face because they 'upset' her little lovely - by of course asking them politely to respect a school rule.....................what others have you got?

3. Well, I recently discovered that the reason one little darling doesn't obey my instructions, is because I'm not being specific enough. It is not enough to say "Can you remove the poster that you're wrapping around your face and place it on the table?" The child doesn't understand why i am asking this so will not comply. I have to say "Please remove the poster from your face, because otherwise, you will not see or be able to copy down what I am writing on the whiteboard. " Hmm......

4. Lad on a school trip reading **** mag on the back of coach. When mother was contacted. "Of course he's reading ****, do you want him to grow up gay? What's the matter with you teachers?"

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I had one precious little chap who used to quietly sit and soil himself at the age of 7. His mother informed me that of course her son soiled himself: his bowels worked differently from other boys, (how?) and couldn't understand why I objected, or why he was incapable of asking to go to the loo. I can only surmise that he enjoyed the warm sensation. Mother also considered him a child genius. No medical note was ever supplied.

sabrinakat likes this.
  6. My sister teaches in a very rough area of Glasgow. She has had parents turn up at parents evening with fish suppers and pit bulls. Pure class!

7. Lol! I'm from Glasgow originally. My sister worked in a library in Glasgow. She spotted a child using a mobile phone in the years when they weren't so readily available, but there was a spate of illegal pre-paids floating around. She asked the child if it was her phone. Child replied "Aye, ah've got a mobile, ma brother's got a mobile, ma mammy's got a mobile..... an' the dug's got a pager" Apparently, they'd bought an (also illegal) pager and attached it to the dog's collar, so that they could buzz it when it was time for it to come home and get fed. As you say, pure class.........

borges33 likes this.
  8. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

....And how did the mother gain access to the staff room? I hope OfStEd aren't reading this ...

Stillstayingjohnson likes this.
  9. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

A mother who couldn't come to parents' evening because " I always go to Tesco on Tuesday"
    and a dad who couldn't come to parent's evening because "I'm playing snooker" - he came to tell us this, he had his cue in his hand and his 18 month old toddler, who was going to the snooker hall with him.
    I've been threatened, screamed at, spat at, verbally abused, punched and had a gun pulled.
    They all got into school because they were there at my request to see me because of their children's behaviour. I didn't realise quite how scary they were (particularly the dad with a gun- it turned out not to be loaded, but that was a "new underwear please" moment.

10. Why didn't you tell her it was gay ****?

11. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

[​IMG] Now that would've been funny!

12. Parents getting access to the staffroom has been a problem in both schools I have worked in. I always had lots of scary moments in previous school of parents storming in screaming at me and ready to swing for me whilst I was in full teaching swing!

13. you are joking ... right?

14. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Mother dropped child off at Primary school with enormous rip in his trousers.She asked if we could sew it up for him because she didn't have time to do it; she was having extensions put in her hair.

Another pupil's father was allowed into the class by the horrible Head so that he could shout at me in front of all the children. He was angry that I had made his daughter tie her trainer laces for PE the day before. What annoyed him, was that he had pulled the laces through the sides and cut them off short. By easing them out and tying them, I had spoiled the slip-on, slip-off effect and now he wouls have to go to the expense of getting some more laces to cut!!!

15. I work in a 'rough' secondary school in Glasgow, haven't seen any fish suppers or pitbulls, lucky to see the parents on a parents evening at all. 2 of 31 parents appeared at the last one before easter.

16. I was once asked if i could remove the ham from a child's sandwich on a daily basis as they didn't like it in their packed lunch [​IMG]

17. ??? Who was packing the lunch then?

18. Can little Johnny be excused from food tech as he only eats honey sandwiches.

19. The very same person who was asking me to remove the ham. When i suggested that it might be easier to not use ham she got all concerned that bread and butter wasn't healthy - at that point i gave up!

20. I had a child turn up with a can of tomato soup in her lunch box with a note asking "cook" to warm it up for her.