1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outrageous lie

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by kibosh, Jan 19, 2012.

1. 7eleven

7eleven Senior commenter

I haven’t just spent 8 hours planning five lessons because I keep getting distracted.

2. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

I am sweating with this fab warm weather we're having whilst Christmas shopping which I just adore!
    I so love the tunes, decorations and general exciting hubbub of it all!
    I always become soooooo depressed during January because I have to suffer absolute horrors of spring and summer during my wait for CHRISTMAS again when joyous happiness returns once again.

'Scuse me while I erect more tinsel and dash thrillingly outside to pick massive bunches of red berried holly!

This afternoon will be spent wrapping perfumed soaps, toys, socks and books for my many beloved relatives who will be arriving en masse for the festivities beginning, in my home, on December 20th!!!!!

We have NEVER exchanged a cross word and loving hugs swamp us daily with contented peace.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  3. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Star commenter

Motherofchikkins likes this.
  4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Two weeks left in my current job and I'm feeling very sad - I wish I hadn't resigned!!!

5. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I am gutted that I can't go to work tomorrow because of the snow.

6. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Oh I'd be gutted too!! ;)

7. snowflakesfalling

snowflakesfalling Occasional commenter

I'm really disappointed to hear we are getting an extra day off next week

8. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

I feel so sorry for everyone who had to miss school because of the snow. I am sure you all must have been so bored at home.
    My heartfelt condolences and lets all hope there is no more snow this term or next.

9. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

I am thoroughly prepared for Christmas and have had no thoughts at all about us eating baked beans for Christmas dinner if I don't get a move on.

10. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Star commenter

I've now started the Christmas holiday by writing on this thread.

... I wish I was back at work.

galerider123 likes this.
  11. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Gosh I love Christmas.
    Nobody in my family ever falls out. We all get on soooo well. I feel so very, very fortunate and try to avoid those with troublesome dysfunctional families.
    I just want to say to them
    "Surely it can't be that hard to get on with each other?"
    "Just pull yourselves together and forgive and forget!"
    We (my family) laugh and sing together and are so happy I feel as though I am continually bursting with joy!!!!!!!
    At Christmas we all sit round and love, cuddle, hug, laugh, sing and dance all day!

12. galerider123

I am utterly thrilled at the prospect of shopping the day before Christmas. My SLT are the kindest. Although in fact it's such a shame that we couldn't open school on Christmas Eve as well, as a holiday treat for all the children!

ShowerGel likes this.
  13. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Such a shame gale, I agree but I remember, back in the day when unions were strong, voting for schools to be open for the whole Christmas period so everyone could have more time off during the summer when holidays can be spent on beaches and in swimming pools instead of holed up eating chocolate with relatives you can't stand developing heart disease, diabetes and serious debt during the worst month of the year - December.
    It was me who thought this a ridiculous idea for I really wanted to have as many heart attacks as possible and live in an old people's home during my last years wasting public money and my own.

galerider123 likes this.
  14. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

I love spending Christmas with OH's ex wife and delightful daughters. They are so Lovely and always appreciative of their gifts. I never want to slap them with aforementioned gifts. Never ever.

ShowerGel and galerider123 like this.
  15. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I'm not at all sympathetic to MoC .

16. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

I'm just sorry you are not living with them permanently motherofchicks.
    How terribly, terribly sad you must feel when saying 'goodbye'

But hark! The exwife too? I recommend you taking a nice stroll to a nearby lake where she accidentally slips into its murky depths where you, who cannot swim - and neither can she, shout 'help, help' for a while before going home alone weeping for the loss of such a dear friend.

I did the above with my ex husband's ex wife and cried as if the World had ended at her funeral.

17. galerider123

I have made my New Year's resolutions. I will stick to them.

18. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

19. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

I've been so bored this weekend. I'm devastated that I'm not going to work tomorrow.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  20. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I;m really not at all happy to see Dozy posting again.