1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outdoor play and risky taking help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by vixie23, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hey, I was thinking of doing my dissertation on outdoor play, maybe risk taking. I have no idea though what my title could be, what I am wanting to find out as there is already alot of research out there. I need to have a method to carry the research out too, if anyone can help it would be grateful as I am getting worked up over it, thanks

2. Hey, I was thinking of doing my dissertation on outdoor play, maybe risk taking. I have no idea though what my title could be, what I am wanting to find out as there is already alot of research out there. I need to have a method to carry the research out too, if anyone can help it would be grateful as I am getting worked up over it, thanks

3. You really need to speak to your Uni tutor (usually you have an allocated person to mentor you and check that you are on track with your dissertation). Can you make an appointment? At least you'll feel better knowing you've done something about it. Come back to this forum and ask again when you have something specific in mind. I'm afriad that at the moment you just sound panicked and like you're expecting someone to do your work for you.

4. What do you actually want to know about outdoor play? You need to look into something that you will actually be able to compare/contrast and draw conclusions from, and this is quite a tricky one without having access to children who have and children who have not had outdoor play opportunities.
    That said, you will be able to interview pupils and teachers so it may be something such as "How do outdoor play opportunities impact on academic effort" and your conclusions would just have to be based on what staff say.
    Was there anything else you may want to base a dissertation on? I did mine on the impact of interactive whiteboards on learning...it sounds dull, but there was quite a lot I could do with it.

5. Also - there being a lot of research out there is good, it means you will have plenty to read and lots to back up your arguments. You aren't expected to complete an entirely new research project for your dissertation.