1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outdoor learning posts

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlefishinbigsea, Nov 10, 2018.

1. littlefishinbigsea

littlefishinbigsea New commenter

Hi
    I would like to set up a series of posts/points around our school site which resources for a trail could be attached to. I was thinking of wooden fence post type things with bull dog clips on them so that sturdy wallets with items for children to collect could be attached. I was also wondering if bull dog type clips could be attached (drilled) to walls/fences around school too. However...
    1) how do you find child friendly bull dog clips? Are they such a good idea in areas where the children will also play - what else could I use? - health and safety?!
    2) how would it be best to put in fence type posts on grass?

I need to provide costings for this and am trying to work out if it is feasible - any thoughts or ideas very welcome, or even photos if you have done something like this.
    Thanks

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Will they be used often enough to make it worth it?
    Will everyone use them regularly?

If not, then just laminating what you need at the time and using elephant tape or similar will be enough. (It's what we do for the two or three times a year anyone does such a thing anyway.)

3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Use postcrete to fix into ground or those metal spikes all available at diy centres. I think you could use a simple carabiner which could be attached to the post with a piece of strap like webbing.