1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Outdoor Education ideas for ML

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by MezzoMix, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am curious about being able to introduce some outdoor education into ML but don't really know where to start. Has anyone done lessons outside? Is it to be recommended?
    I have been to a couple of seminars on outdoor education but they usually focus on the sciences, Geography etc.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas :)
    MM

2. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

you can have fun doing 'human sentences' outside- get them into two groups, each kid has a word/ connective/piece of punctuation, then you shout out a sentence and it is the first side that runs up and forms the correct sentence in front of you that wins a point. Good for word order, practising connectives, conjugating verbs, doing the tenses.

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Treasure hunt directions
    role-plays (doesn't have to be outside but there is more space!)
    comparisons - find me something that is smaller than...
    imperative aerobics
    Problem with outdoors is that you probably only want 10-15 minutes of the space for one activity, but you're stuck there for the whole hour. Not necessarily beneficial. Having said that, nothing stops you from taking the books too and getting some writing done outside - on very hot days I like doing that, as it's sometimes untenable in the classroom. [​IMG]